Okiok releases version 4.14.6 of S-Filer/Portal™ secure transfer solution.
The main purpose of this minor release is to add new configuration parameters for better customization of the solution.
API and compatibility changes
- This version does not introduce any changes to the various APIs of the solution.
Minor improvements and bug fixes
- Fixed a problem with HTTPS end-to-end transfer of files having an .html extension.
- Fixed two problems with memory management. The first problem was in the gateway and the second in the server. These situations could lead to very high usage of the “Java Garbage Collector” which in turn led to very high CPU usage and degraded performance of the solution.
- Fixed an internal configuration problem in the solution where a loss of connectivity with the database required a server restart to re-establish connections with it.
- Fixed an issue with the adoption mechanics that caused expired Active Directory accounts to remain active in S-Filer.
- Fixed an issue where S-Filer would not timeout while waiting for a response from a mail server. Some misbehaving mail servers which never send a response and do not close the socket would lead to S-Filer exhausting its threads of extension handlers.
- The S-Filer server and gateway now reject HTTP requests of type TRACE.
- The template of the Log4J configuration file now contains a sample configuration of the syslog appender for QRadar.
- Fixed the error message when the recipient of a “Quick Send” transfer clicks on a link in an email for which the file has reached its maximum number of downloads but has not yet been deleted.
- Small changes to allow the use of a Read-Only user to access the administrative console.
- Fixed an issue where the mail notification would sometimes not be sent when a virus was detected when uploading a file.
- There are no known problems.
- Reminder: The applet will soon be removed from the solution. The applet will be maintained in the solution at least as long as Microsoft officially supports the IE 11 browser, which is the last modern browser still supporting the Java plugin. It is recommended to migrate to the end-to-end encryption technology introduced in the solution and available with modern browsers.
This version introduces a change to the database model and requires the use of sfiler-config-cli to achieve this. We strongly recommend that you perform a full backup of the solution before upgrading. Do not hesitate to contact our support group if you have any questions regarding this upgrade. email@example.com
- Version 4.14.5
- Version 4.14.4
- Version 4.14.3
- Version 4.14.2
- Version 4.14.1
- Version 4.14.0
- Version 4.13.0
- Version 4.12.0